In FY 2021, due to the financial impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, the County adopted a one-year Capital Improvement Plan (CIP) instead of the traditional 10-year plan. For FY 2022, the County will build on the Adopted FY 2021 CIP and present a three-year CIP to the County Board. The CIP may include potential bond referenda for large infrastructure projects to be considered by voters in November 2021.
Step 1: County Manager Gathers Input
The County Manager gathers input from his leadership team, County staff, the County Board and the Arlington community. This input help frame and develop the Manager’s Proposed CIP, which he will present to the Board.
Input for the FY 2022-FY 2024 Capital Improvement Plan was solicited in April.
Step 2: Proposed CIP Released
The County Manager will propose capital investments to cover FY 2022-FY 2024. The items in the Manager’s proposal will focus on those critical capital investments that are essential for our community.
- FY 2022-FY 2024 Proposed Capital Improvement Plan
- Proposed CIP Projects: Links & More Info
- News Release: County Manager Presents 3-Year CIP, Proposes November Bond Referendum | Español | አማርኛ | العربية | Монгол
- Board Presentation: Proposed FY 2022-FY 2024 Capital Improvement Plan | Español | አማርኛ | العربية | Монгол
- Manager’s Message on CIP: Español | አማርኛ | العربية | Монгол
Step 3: County Board Gathers Feedback
When: June and July
The County Board holds work sessions to learn more about the specifics of the CIP proposals. The Board also holds a public hearing and receives community feedback as it considers the Manager’s CIP proposal.
- FY 2022-FY 2024 CIP Work Sessions
- FY 2022-FY 2024 CIP Work Session Follow-Up Responses
- Provide online feedback on CIP
Step 4: Final Adoption by County Board
Following extensive review and consideration, the County Board adopted the final CIP on July 20, 2021.
- FY 2022-FY 2024 Capital Improvement Plan (CIP) County Board Guidance
- News Release: Arlington County Board Adopts Capital Improvement Plan for Fiscal Year 2022-2024
Step 5: Bond Referenda Considered by Voters
Voters will consider the 2021 bond referenda on November 2, 2021