FY 2017 Adopted Budget
On April 19, 2016 the County Board adopted the FY 2017 Budget.
- FY 2017 Mid Year – 3rd Qtr. Memo 4/4/2017
- FY 2017 Adopted webpage.
- FY 2017 Board Budget Guidance and Notes
- FY 2017 Adopted Budget Press Release
FY 2017 Adopted Budget Highlights
- Tax rate will decrease by a half cent, from $.996 per $100 of assessed value (including the sanitary district tax) to $0.991 per $100 of assessed value for calendar year 2016.
- Overall residential real estate assessment average increases by 2.8 percent. The average homeowner will see their tax and fee burden rise 2.5 percent from the previous year. That translates to an average of $16 a month or $189 a year.
- Additional funding included for Economic Development Incentives, Public Safety, Affordable Housing, and Employee Compensation.
- The County Board provided $464.5 million in ongoing funding and $2.5 million in one-time funding for Schools, a 3.3 percent increase from FY 2016.
FY 2017 Proposed Budget
The County Manager presented his Proposed FY 2017 Budget for the County Board at its Feb. 23 Recessed Meeting. In the subsequent months, the County Board will engage in a series of worksessions with county departments, commissions, and schools to determine the FY 2017 adopted budget.
- FY 2017 Proposed Budget — Document Webpage | View the entire Proposed Budget (PDF format).
- Revenue Sources (taxes & fees) | View a spreadsheet (Excel format) listing all revenue sources, including taxes and fees.
- Read public comments on FY 2017 Proposed Budgets
County Board Work Sessions
- County Board Work sessions — Schedule and Presentations by Departments
- County Board Work sessions follow-up — Answers to the questions asked during County Board Work Sessions
- Presentation of the County Manager’s FY 2017 Proposed Budget
- FY 2017 Community Joint Budget Forum Presentation 12/7/2015
- FY 2017 Joint Budget Forum Notes 12/7/2015
- FY 2017 Commission Chairs Budget Forecast Overview 12/3/2015
- FY 2017 Budget Guidance Document
- County Board Work Session with the Arlington School Board 10/15/2015
- Revenue Sharing Principles – FY 2017 Budget Planning
Please contact us with questions or comments.