FY 2016 Adopted Budget
On April 21, 2015 the County Board adopted the FY 2016 Budget.
- FY 2016 Budget Close-Out, FY 2018 Budget Guidance Public Feedback News Release – 10/19/2016
- FY 2016 Year-end Presentation – 10/18/2016
- FY 2016 Mid-Year / 3rd Quarter Memo
- FY 2016 Adopted budget is on the web! Citizens can access a PDF version of the documents on the FY 2016 Adopted webpage.
- FY 2016 Adopted County Board Budget Guidance and Notes
- FY 2016 Adopted Budget Press Release
FY 2016 Adopted Budget Highlights
- No real estate tax rate increase. The real estate tax rate will remain at $.996 per $100 of assessed value, the same level as CY 2014 (including the sanitary district tax).
- Overall average increase in residential real estate assessments of 4.9 percent and a 1.8 percent increase in the water-sewer rate. The average homeowner will see their tax and fee burden rise 4 percent from the previous year. That translates to about $23 a month or $281 a year.
- Additional funding for maintaining the social safety net priorities, economic development, public safety, and an internal auditor.
- The County Board provided $451.6 million in ongoing funding for Schools, fully funding the School Board’s Proposed Budget.
FY 2016 Proposed Budget
The County Manager proposed the FY 2016 budget on February 21, 2015 at the County Board meeting. In the subsequent months, the County Board will engaged in a series of worksessions with county departments, commissions, and schools to determine the FY 2016 adopted budget.
- FY 2016 Proposed Budget
- FY 2016 County Board Budget Guidance to the County Manager
- FY 2016 Budget Forecast and Overview Presentation
- FY 2016 Joint Community Budget Forum Press Release
- Arlington Public Schools/County Joint Budget Forum Presentation 12/10/2014
- FY 2016 Budget Forum Notes 12-10-14
Questions or comments? Citizens can send the County feedback on the FY 2016 budget.