FY 2018 Budget
- FY 2018 County Manager’s Proposed Budget Presentation 2-25-2017
- Budget Work Session Schedule and Presentations – 2/24/17
- More FY 2018 Budget Information
The Budget Process
Arlington County’s budget follows an annual cycle, with the fiscal year starting July 1 and ending June 30. The fiscal year budget serves as the annual operating plan and is one of the three major strategic documents in the County regarding planning, in conjunction with the Annual Management Plan and the County Comprehensive Plan.
During the fiscal year, the Department of Management and Finance reviews the current budget at midyear and for the closeout of the fiscal year. As part of developing an annual budget, the Fiscal Affairs Advisory Committee (FAAC) provides further review of the County Manager’s proposed budget. The County’s budget process is consistent each year, though specific dates may change.
FY 2017 Adopted Budget Highlights
On April 19, 2016 the County Board adopted the FY 2017 Budget.
- Tax rate will decrease by a half cent, from $.996 per $100 of assessed value (including the sanitary district tax) to $0.991 per $100 of assessed value for calendar year 2016.
- Overall residential real estate assessment average increases by 2.8 percent. The average homeowner will see their tax and fee burden rise 2.5 percent from the previous year. That translates to an average of $16 a month or $189 a year.
- Additional funding included for Economic Development Incentives, Public Safety, Affordable Housing, and Employee Compensation.
- The County Board provided $464.5 million in ongoing funding and $2.5 million in one-time funding for Schools, a 3.3 percent increase from FY 2016.
- FY 2017 Board Budget Guidance and Notes
- FY 2017 Adopted Budget Press Release
- FY 2016 Mid-Year / 3rd Quarter Memo
Summary of Adopted Tax Rates (per $100/assessed value)
|TAX CATEGORIES||CY 2015||CY 2016|
|Real Estate (base rate)||$0.983||$0.978|
|Rosslyn Business Improvement District (BID)||$0.078||$0.078|
|Crystal City BID||$0.043||$0.043|
|Commercial Transportation District||$0.125||$0.125|