CIP Timeline, Resources & Engagement Opportunities
Step 1: County Manager Gathers Input
When: Winter/Spring 2020
The County Manager gathers input from his leadership team, County staff, the County Board and the Arlington community. This input help frame and develop the Manager’s Proposed CIP, which he will present to the Board.
Step 2: Proposed CIP Released
When: Early June 2020
The County Manager will propose capital investments to cover FY 2021. The items in the Manager’s proposal will focus on those critical capital investments that are essential for our community.
- FY 2021 Capital Improvement Plan Memo & Appendices
- Stormwater Utility Feasibility Study (Interim Deliverable) – May 22, 2020
- News Release: County Manager Presents One-Year Capital Improvement Plan, Proposes Bond Referendum
Step 3: County Board Gathers Feedback
When: June and July 2020
The County Board holds work sessions to learn more about the specifics of the CIP proposals. The Board also holds a public hearing and receives community feedback as it considers the Manager’s CIP proposal.
- Virtual County Board CIP Work Session with the County Manager – July 9, 2020
- Proposed FY 2021 Capital Improvement Plan Presentation (6/30/20)
- A Guide to the CIP
- News Release: FY 2021 CIP Virtual Public Hearing Set for June 30
Step 4: Final Adoption by County Board
When: July 2020
Following extensive review and consideration, the County Board adopts the final CIP.
Step 5: 2020 Bond Referenda Considered by Voters
When: November 3, 2020